Sponsored by the Alpena Regional Medical Center Auxiliary
The Alpena Regional Medical Center Auxiliary offers two $1,500 scholarships for students pursuing a course of study related to human medicine at any state accredited Michigan college or university. Those interested in obtaining a scholarship may secure an application from one of the following locations or click here to download:
- The Gift Corner (located in main lobby of hospital)
- Alpena Regional Medical Center Information Desk
- Alpena Regional Medical Center Nursing Department
- Marketing and Development Dept. (3rd Floor)
The following are requirements for receiving the ARMC Auxiliary's Thelma Orr Scholarship:
- Be a resident of any county currently served by Alpena Regional Medical Center (Alpena, Alcona, Presque Isle, Montmorency, Iosco, and Oscoda counties).
- Former applicants that have not received the scholarship may apply again.
- You must be in your second year or more toward your degree.
- Alpena Regional Medical Center Auxiliary Scholarship Committee must receive completed application with specified documents in the Volunteer Services Office (located just inside the hospital main entrance) postmarked no later than April 15, 2016.
- The Scholarship Committee may request an interview with the applicant.
- Recipient(s) will be notified by mail after May 1, 2016.
- Recipient(s) will be expected to attend the ARMC Auxiliary Banquet, June 1, 2016 to be recognized for outstanding achievement. (prior commitments will be taken into consideration)