There's no place like home for healing
When you're ill or recovering from an injury, there's no place you'd rather be than home with the people you love. ARMC offers a full spectrum of "in home" healthcare ranging from assistance with everyday needs to high-tech procedures. Simply being in comfortable, familiar surroundings has proven to be one step toward a speedy recovery.
What is home healthcare?
Home healthcare, simply put, is healthcare delivered in a patient's home. Home healthcare services can range from at-home nursing care or rehabilitation following a hospital stay, to ongoing assistance with daily activities such as shopping, meal preparation, or bathing. Technological breakthroughs allow us to deliver state-of-the-art medical equipment and to provide advanced medical care to patient’s right where they live.
Are in-home services covered by insurance?
Many insurances provide payment for care provided in the home, depending on the nature of the injury or illness or other patient circumstance. ARMC Home Care Services accepts payment from the following sources: Medicare, Medicaid, direct payment from individuals, private health insurance, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and workers’ compensation. Our trained staff is available to assist you in finding out what services may be covered by your insurance.
- Skilled Nursing Care provides professional support for wound care, injections, IV therapy, education related to disease, catheter care, diet and medication instructions, gastrostomy tube feedings, ostomy care, and other services that may be prescribed by a physician.
- Occupational Therapy addresses muscle function and endurance, eye-hand coordination, visual perception, written and verbal communication, self-care and work capacity training.
- Physical Therapy addresses therapeutic exercises, gait training, active, passive and resistive exercises, stretching exercises, ultrasound and prosthetic training, and neurodevelopmental exercises.
- Speech Therapy helps to improve language comprehension and production, cognitive skills, and swallowing.
- Medical Social Services provide social/emotional assessments of patient and family support, coordinates in-home support, placement and respite care, assists with obtaining community resources, and offers counseling.
- Certified Home Health Aides help patients bathe, shave, exercise; provide meal preparation, laundry and housekeeping; and care for catheters.
ARMC Home Care Services - (989) 356-8004 or 1-800-968-4584
FAX: (989) 356-8034
Hours - 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Mon. - Fri. On Call 24-hours a day
- Personal Care Assistants & Home Care Aides help patients with self-care, bathing, grocery shopping, errands, housekeeping, meal planning, preparation, and clean-up, record vital signs, blood pressure checks and offer assistance for wheelchair and bed-bound patients.
- Licensed Practical Nurses help with injections, organize medications, change dressings, assist with tube feedings, offer technical support for ventilator assisted patients, including care for special needs children.
ARMC Private Duty
(989)356-8040 or 1-800-354-7568
FAX: (989) 356-8070
Hours: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Mon.-Fri On Call 24-hours a day