Daniel L. Maxwell, DO, FACOI, FAASM
Board Certified in Pulmonary Diseases & Sleep Medicine
Dr. Maxwell brings a wealth of experience and training to our community. Prior to moving to Alpena, he spent 15 years as the Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Fellowship Program Director at POH Regional Medical Center (now McLaren – Oakland Hospital) and was the Medical Director for the Lake Orion Sleep Center and the McLaren Sleep Diagnostic Center in Clarkston. Prior to entering private practice in Southeast Michigan, he served 7 years in the Navy as Director of Medical Services at the U.S. Naval Hospital in Great Lakes. He is a Fellow of the American College of Osteopathic Internists and the American Academy of Sleep Medicine.
Pulmonary & Sleep Medicine Clinic provides a full array of pulmonary function testing, including arterial blood gas testing to determine the nature of a patient’s shortness of breath.
In addition, the clinic is located across the hall from the Sleep Disorders Clinic where we can evaluate patients with sleep apnea and other sleep disorders.
- Shortness of breath
- Sleep apnea
- Evaluation of abnormal chest X-rays
- Lung cancer evaluation and diagnosis
- Interstitial lung disease
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Arterial blood gas analysis
- Carbon monoxide blood levels
- Pulmonary function studies (lung volumes, diffusion)
- Pulmonary exercise testing
- Percutaneous pleural biopsy
- Transbronchial biopsy
- Transbronchial needle aspiration